Re: BUG: which-func-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: BUG: which-func-mode
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:53:47 -0500

>     So now: how should we make it possible to temporarily select another
>     window without influencing the buffer-list ?
>
> You can write a macro that would save buffer-list and afterward put it
> back the way it was.

How can I (re)set the buffer-list from elisp ?
If it requires C coding, then I might as well add a NORECORD argument
to select-window and avoid the whole save/restore.

        Stefan

PS: This is also related to the comment I added a while back
to Fpop_to_buffer:

  if (NILP (norecord))
    /* This seems bogus since Fselect_window will call record_buffer anyway. */
    record_buffer (buf);
  Fselect_window (Fdisplay_buffer (buf, other_window, Qnil));