Re: Issues with Windows gcc -mno-cygwin (Mingw)

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Issues with Windows gcc -mno-cygwin (Mingw)
Date: 20 Mar 2003 08:29:47 +0000

Benjamin Riefenstahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Currently the corresponding assignment to _fmode is in _start(),
> which is executed before main(), and I thought there might be a
> reason why it is done there.  Only it doesn't work currently,
> because the runtime code between _start() and main() resets _fmode
> for some reason.  A global initialization is basically same code
> that binmode.o does, and that works.

Thank you for that. Until now I've been wondering why Emacs has no
problems with MSVC, but has suddenly started having problems with
MinGW32. Is it reasonable for the runtime to change _fmode between
_start() and main()?  I think it probably is, so unless we really
need _fmode to be set between _start() and main() we should move the
assignment to main().