Re: utf-translate-cjk only settable via Customize

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: utf-translate-cjk only settable via Customize
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:06:51 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

>> My suggestion would be to create a function utf-translate-cjk-mode
>> based on the :set expression for utf-translate-cjk and then change
>> the :set expression to invoke that function.
>
> Why not make it into a minor mode ?

That's a good idea in principle, and I've now started on it.
However, the original defcustom contains a :set-after keyword and a
:version keyword.  Can these be put into the define-minor-mode?

[time passes]

The keyword :extra-args for define-minor-mode is not documented.

[pondering]

It ought to be easy to augment define-minor-mode to grok more keyword
args.  But is this the right approach?  Do we want a
:extra-defcustom-args thing that contains a list of those additional
args to defcustom?