Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:50:38 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> Oops, I should have written "we'll use".  Kawabata-san is
> now working on improving Indian language support (including
> tamil and malayalam), and in the comming code, the same
> functionality is required in many other files.

> And, even if it is used just in devan-util.el, it's too
> generic to fit in there.

Another possible usage of `sequence' is this.

Currently, in lisp/international/characters.el, we have this
kind of code repeatedly.

(setq c X)
(while (<= c Y)
  ..operate-on-C
  (setq c (1+ c)))

We can change it to this:

(dolist (c (sequence #X #Y 'list))
  ..operate-on-C)

It may be slower but it doesn't matter here.  The latter
code is more concise and easier to read.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden