Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:46:20 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, "Satyaki Das" <address@hidden> writes:
> The examples in this thread have all created a list (or vector)
> and then iterated over the elements.

The original version of `sequence' is `devanagari-range',
and it it used as below.

(defun dev-charseq (from &optional to)
  (if (null to) (setq to from))
  (mapcar (function (lambda (x) (indian-glyph-char x 'devanagari)))
          (devanagari-range from to)))

(defvar dev-glyph-cvn
  (append
   (dev-charseq #x2b)
   (dev-charseq #x3c #xc1)
   (dev-charseq #xc3))

(defvar dev-glyph-space
  (dev-charseq #xf0 #xfe)
  "Devanagari Spacing Glyphs")
[...]

> Using `loop' requires cl at compile time only. So adding the
> following line is sufficient:

>   (eval-when-compile (require 'cl))

> If the preloaded file is compiled then 'cl isn't actually loaded
> at run time.

Yes, I know that.  So, I understood that not requiring cl is
a kind of coding convention.  If there's no such convention
now, that ok, but still loop doesn't work for iterating over
dev-glyph-cvn in the above example.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden