Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:47:04 -0500

    But still, I'm not so happy with the current look of the scrollbar.
    It confuses me quite a bit.  Is there no way to make the thumb extend
    to the bottom of the scrollbar area when end of buffer is visible, and
    yet to also allow scrolling further down so that the last line of the
    buffer can be moved to the top of the window?

Perhaps we could have the thumb "move off the bottom" of the scroll bar,
so that when ZV is at the top of the screen, the thumb is almost invisible.
I don't know whether this would be convenient to use; perhaps that
depends on many little details of the UI of the scroll bar.
For xterm-style mouse-2, it would be convenient if it grabbed the mouse
so that you could easily scroll the thumb beyond the bottom by moving
the mouse beyond the bottom.