Re: scrollbar (again)

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: scrollbar (again)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 18:28:29 +0100

lördagen den 29 mars 2003 kl 17.03 skrev Miles Bader:

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:58:51AM +0100, Jan D. wrote:
Exactly what is the difference? I don't know what "apple/windows behavior"
means.

The `apple/windows' behavior is that the meaning of scrollbar clicks depends on whether they are before/after/in the thumb, which results in confusing behavior when the thumb moves past the click point (something which happens
quite often in practice).

The `emacs' behavior is that the meaning depends strictly on which button you
use, and to a lesser extent where exactly in the scrollbar as a whole.

Ah, I rather think of it as "Xaw versus the rest" as Qt, GTK, Motif, Apple
and so on behave the same.  The GTK scroll bar can not be changed
without rewriting the code for it.  The buttons and actions are quite
hard coded.

        Jan D.