Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 70

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 70
Date: 01 Apr 2003 00:48:42 +0200

>     * I revert my latest patch (which makes this a customize option),
>       and just have the new behaviour .
>
> I think that is better.  I don't see the sense in having an option
> for one and not for the other.  Perhaps it would be good to have
> an option to control both at once; but if nobody is complaining,
> we may as well not bother.

So far, I have only received (very) positive feedback for the new C-u
C-SPC C-SPC... functionality, and I don't see why anyone would like to
turn it off.

I would expect the C-x C-SPC C-SPC will be received equally positive
by the users...

I have reverted the patch and removed the option to turn off the new
behaviour.