Re: header files in woman.el

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: header files in woman.el
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:03:03 +0100

From: "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden>
To: "Dr Francis J. Wright" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 10:38 AM

>     Thanks.  That's more or less what I was going to suggest doing.  But
until
>     NT Emacs supports buttons, I can't easily test your code myself.
>
> Buttons in Emacs are implemented in terms of mouse clicks and faces.
> If mouse clicks and faces work on Windows, why don't buttons work?

I assumed "buttons" meant toolbar buttons, which don't work in NT Emacs
because (as I understand it) the general image support does not yet work.
Buttons in customization buttons etc. work fine.  (Toolbars might work in
other Windows ports of Emacs, such as Cygwin, but currently I use only NT
Emacs.)