Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation -- third major patch committed.

From: David PONCE
Subject: Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation -- third major patch committed.
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:26:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Kim,

[...]
>>I just noticed a minor issue, since your latest changes.
>>
>>Now, while Emacs is loading my init file, the startup frame seems to
>>be frozen, and the echo area no more displays the messages sent during
>>the load process.
>>
>>In fact, I just see an empty "white" frame with the title area and the
>>menu bar, and nothing more until the initial load process is
>>completed.
[...]

I finally found why I didn't saw messages displayed in the echo area
during emacs startup.  My emacs initial frame was greater than my
screen size, and the echo area was hidden!

In fact, as I work on a laptop I had setup my Emacs geometry to
"96x35+-4+-4" so that Emacs will occupy all the screen at startup.

Since your latest change, given the above geometry, I actually get an
initial frame geometry of "96x38+-4+-4".  The height is added 3,
which I suppose is the tool bar height.

I just setup the geometry to "96x32+-4+-4" to see again my echo area!

IMO, the previous behavior was better because it respected the
geometry specified by the user.

Hope this will help.

Sincerely,
David