Re: scrollbar (once more)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: scrollbar (once more)
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 17:51:53 -0500 (CDT)

Line 11235 of xdisp.c:

 end = BUF_Z (buf) - XFASTINT (w->window_end_pos) - BUF_BEGV (buf);

(in function set_vertical_scroll_bar)

Lines 978-981 of window.c:

  else
    XSETINT (value, BUF_Z (XBUFFER (buf)) - XFASTINT (w->window_end_pos));

  return value;

(in function window-end)

Both set_vertical_scroll_bar and (window-end) do the wrong thing,
because they both use the above expression, in which something must be
wrong.  My best guess is that redisplay does not get w->window_end_pos
right.  I do not know enough about either the Emacs C code or
redisplay to go beyond this.  I definitely do not have the time to
start studying that code at present.  Is anybody familiar with the new
redisplay mechanism (except for Gerd who wrote it)?  (window-end nil t)
gets things right.

Sincerely,

Luc.