Re: file-symlink-p for remote files?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: file-symlink-p for remote files?
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:58:57 -0400

file-symlink-p should return the exact link target.  (When the target
is relative, file-symlink-p returns the relative name.)
I corrected the doc string.

Because it is useful to be able to find the file name that the link
points to, I just gave file-chase-links an optional argument to
specify the maximum number of links to chase.

Meanwhile, I think it is necessary to modify file-chase-links and
file-truename to do something special for remote symbolic links.
Could you do that?