Re: skeleton.el _ versus @

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: skeleton.el _ versus @
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:26:47 -0400

> But then going and changing it incompatibly a few years later, breaking
> existing skeletons is a behaviour worthy of the Bushs and Saddams of this
> world!  At the very least this should be advertised to all those concerned,
> and help offered in fixing the skeletons this breaks!

I actually did look around and didn't find any skeleton where the
change introduced problems.  Then (while pretesting 21.1) someone
pointed out a case where the new behavior was not as good
as before (the position of point after insertion was fine but
the fact that the first @ had not been put on skeleton-positions
was a problem), which I addressed (by adding the position to
skeleton-positions even when it also sets position-point).

        Stefan