Re: file-symlink-p for remote files?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: file-symlink-p for remote files?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:29:29 +0200

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> It seems to me that the target of a symlink should either be
> interpreted as a string by both functions, or it should be
> interpreted as a filename by both functions.

More concretely:

Say that (file-symlink-p X) returns the string Y.  Say that the user
then deletes X.  Then I think that (make-symbolic-link Y X) should
"undo" the deletion of X.

Hm.

Oh!  I just looked at the source, and actually,
tramp-handle-make-symbolic-link groks both cases, of Y being a Tramp
name and of Y being a non-Tramp absolute name.

*blush*