Re: \225 and so on

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: \225 and so on
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 02:22:27 -0400

    > In my .emacs, I use the following code.  Does that mean we should add
    > \227 also?

    It's up to you.  If you register the more bytes in
    latin-extra-code-table, the more cases Emacs detects files
    as latin-1, not as binary data.  In general, only those
    bytes that frequently appear in wrongly labeled latin-1
    files should be registered.

Real binary files will probably have codes 0200-0217 and 0220-0227, so
I don't think we have to worry.  I think we should add 227 to this
list.