Re: Potential problem of minibuffer-message

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Potential problem of minibuffer-message
Date: 11 Apr 2003 13:37:55 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> > How about using an overlay with an `after-string' property, located at
> > the end of the minibuffer, for the minibuffer-message message itself?
> > Then there's no modification/insertion at all...
>
> Unfortunately, the cursor is shown after that `after-string'
> in that case.

Oh yeah, that address@hidden& problem -- I ran in the same thing when I was
trying
to do my `error messages don't obscure the users input' patch a long time
ago.

That behavior really should simply be fixed, it's stupid
(but unfortunately, not entirely trivial to fix either).

-Miles
--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Ghandi