Re: Code cleanup -- inconsistent "width" and "height" etc.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Code cleanup -- inconsistent "width" and "height" etc.
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:51:14 -0400

    For example, we would use FRAME_COLS and FRAME_LINES rather than the
    current FRAME_WIDTH and FRAME_HEIGHT.

I like this idea.  The names are short and clear.

Handa wrote:

    But, as I wrote, Lisp APIs are already using
    ...-width/...-height for columns and lines.

We don't HAVE to use the same convention internally as we do for Lisp.
It is true that it is better if the convention is the same, but that
has to be weighed against other advantages and disadvantages.