Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:46:50 -0500 (CDT)

>From my earlier message:

   There is some "precision work" required, no doubt about that.  You
   have to drag slowly and carefully, you can not just "yank".

I should clarify that I said this to explain, not to complain.

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

   But I would prefer that it would be easy to drag the thumb of the
   scrollbar such that end of buffer is shown in the *last* line of the
   window.

Yes, but why not use M- > , or, the END key, after rebinding it to
(end-of-buffer).  (To people who know about C-e, the default binding
of END is useless.)  Scrolling with mouse-2 is not meant for precision
work with the scrollbar, mouse-1 and mouse-3 are (for the native
scrollbar).

Sincerely,

Luc.