Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:33:07 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden wrote:

   .... (It might still be easier than scrolling line 4711, say, to
   the first window line.)

I just scrolled line 4711 to the first window line using 7 keystrokes,
four of which were the number.  Based on the frequency at which I do
things like this, I don't think this need be improved on.

The keystrokes were

    `C-c C-g', which I have bound to `goto-line'.

     4711          -- the line number

     `<f9>', which I have bound to a command that I call
     `line-to-top-of-window', which is an interactive function
     definition for the expression `(recenter 0)'.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden