Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:47:01 -0500 (CDT)

Miles Bader wrote:

   The previous suggestion (from Luc?) about implementing `stickiness'

That was one of Kai's suggestions.  My point of view is that trying to
use scrolling with mouse-2 in large buffers for precision work quite
simply does not work.  I use mouse-2 to get more or less the position
I want.  Most of the time that is good enough.  Otherwise, I use
mouse-1 or -3 (native scrollbar) or C-l with numeric argument.

Sincerely,

Luc.