Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 07:58:18 -0400

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 10:56:51AM +0200, Kai Gro?johann wrote:
> With the old Gtk scrollbar behavior, you can scroll end of buffer to
> the last window line, and then there will be some area of the trough
> visible below the thumb.
>
> I was suggesting to color this area.  It is clearly non-empty, as
> anyone can see by trying out the Gtk scrollbar.

I guess that would be better than no change at all, but I think it's much
worse than the other solutions being dicussed -- I think it would just feel
wrong (as the current gtk scrollbar does in emacs).

I suspect it's also probably a pain (or impossible) to implement, as the
scrollbar is drawn by the theme, which emacs has little control over (and as
themes have a fair amount of flexibility in drawing, if emacs tried to draw
something itself, it would almost certainly screw it up with some themes).

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge