AW: Cascading Menus in Popup-Menus

From: Jost Martin
Subject: AW: Cascading Menus in Popup-Menus
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:54:23 +0200

Hmm, here this also happens for SHIFT. (and Ctrl, ...)
I just switched back to 21.2. The behaviour is as described. (pop-ups work but
cascading menus in the menu bar don't)
I also tried "-q -no-site-file" (which I missed last time) - no effect on the
problem.

Note that my emacs is _not_ installed in the usual place.
It is installed in /pd/emacs21.2 and /pd/emacs21.3 (I gave these as --prefix to
configure). I then use 'modules' to switch forth and back between the versions.

So I suspected a changed static lib.
I thus recompiled 21.2 (make distclean, configure, make) But this _still_ has
the same problems as before, but not the same as 21.3.

> > I cannot see in src/ChangeLog what might be responsible for
> fixing that.
>
> Emacs is not even involved in posting cascade menus for the
> menu bar, it is all

What about the popup menus, _not_ in the menu bar ? Are these different ?
(Sorry I have no knowledge of C-GUI (only a very little bit of perl-Tk))

> taken care of by the toolkit (Motif).  Maybe some X resource
> or the Motif version changed?

I think we can disregard changed (static) libs. The cross check with the newly
build 21.2 should have shown this - shouldn't it ??
I didn't change something like .Xdefaults (and this should affect 21.2 and 21.3
the same way (?))
Are there any version-specific configuration-files which could lead to such an
effect ?

What should I look for ?

Martin