Re: y-or-n-p, emacs -l, wristwatch cursor

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: y-or-n-p, emacs -l, wristwatch cursor
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:59:20 -0400

    I have a file foo.el, containing the single line

    (y-or-n-p "hello")

    I start emacs and load this file with the command

    emacs --no-site-file -q -l foo.el

    and am prompted in the echo area/minibuffer with "hello(y or n) ".
    After pressing one of 'y' or 'n', the text cursor starts flashing and
    then the mouse pointer changes into the wristwatch-shaped 'wait'
    cursor, and stays like that until I press C-g.  While the wait pointer
    is active, the menus and toolbars do nothing when clicked on.

This seems to be fixed in the current development sources.
If you can determine which change fixed it, we could perhaps
put that change in the next bug-fix release.