Re: Showing end of buffer

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Showing end of buffer
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:05:45 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Perhaps a marker in in the fringe(s) would be good though.

This sound like a good idea.

> In the fringe, the marker could some sort of icon for the first and
> last lines, instead of a line before/after them; then it could be big
> enough to allow some freedom in design.

As long as I didn't reach the start or end of the buffer, I'd like to
see a simple up or down arrow.  At start or end you can display a
horizontal bar.

I'd also be interested in vertical widgets signaling horizontal limits
(line length resp. fill-columns); as long as you use monospaced fonts
such a feature isn't that important (you can display the current column
in the modeline), but when it comes to proportional fonts and enriched
mode a ruler would be handy.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |    _-\_<,
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home)               |   (*)/'(*)