oddness with C-l

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: oddness with C-l
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:46:27 -0500 (CDT)

I noticed something strange with C-l while playing around with the
native scrollbar code.  It has no connection with the scrollbar,
however.

First of all is the behavior reproducible?  I got rid of all my
.Xdefaults customizations and did:
emacs-21.3.50 -q --eval '(blink-cursor-mode 0)' &

Do, say C-h n, just to know which buffer we are talking about and
place the cursor on the "n" of end: on the last line.  Check
(window-height) == i.  Do M- -(i-3) C-l, M- -(i-2) C-l.  For instance,
you can pick a window-height of 8 and do M- -5 C-l, M- -6 C-l.  We
"jump" from the third line straight to the first line. Know put the
cursor at the beginning of the same line on the "e" of end: and
repeat.  Now we go from the third line to the second as expected.

Sincerely,

Luc.