Gnu Emacs way slower than XEmacs

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Gnu Emacs way slower than XEmacs
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:43:59 -0400

Now that I've got your attention, I should qualify that.  On Windows
XP using GNUs and talking to an IMAP server, it's way faster to use
XEmacs than to use Gnu Emacs.  Nobody over on the GNUs list has a clue
as to why, but since they just work on elisp code they surmise it's
something in the emacs implementation.  I know it's a long shot, but I
thought someone over here should know about it.

Cheers,
--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting