glade & emacs

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: glade & emacs
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:39:37 +0100

Below is a transcript of a dialog that I have had with Joaquin Cuenca Abela
on glade-devel (http://lists.ximian.com). Following my experience of trying
to get Emacs to interact with GDB, I thought it would be a good idea to ask
what features Glade has/would have for communication through Emacs. I guess
I have two questions for the emacs-devel mailing list:

1) Are my basic aims compatible with those of Emacs?

2) Joaquin asks if there are any problems for Emacs with the approach that
the Glade project are proposing. I can only make the general remarks that I
have given. Can somebody else provide a deeper insight?

Nick