Re: Gnu Emacs way slower than XEmacs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs way slower than XEmacs
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:55:33 +0900

    Jason> Does XEmacs implement non-blocking sockets on Windows?

I don't know.  Ask Ben Wing <address@hidden>.  I know he's done a lot
of work on processes, much of it intended to make processes work
efficiently on Windows within the Unix-centric context of the rest of
XEmacs.  He may have done so; I'm sure it would be high on his
priority list.

Windows is not my pidgen, but if Ben doesn't answer (I know he's way
behind on his mail right now; medical problems that affect his hands
the way RSI does make it unlikely that he'll catch up soon), I'll be
happy to take a hack at grokking the relevant code if you feel for
copyright reasons it would be better if you don't look at it
personally.  Alternatively, you can probably get his phone number from
his web page www.666.com (or from me personally).  He's quite
accessible by phone (evenings, US Mountain Time).