Re: maphash

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: maphash
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:32:52 -0400

    Fortunately for me, in GNU Emacs Stephen's example--and several
    variations thereof--do work the way I described,

    After taking a quick look at the C source code, the simple answer to
    Richard's question is "No, thank you."

We can't document this feature unless we know it can be relied on.  I
took a quick look at the code of maphash and it led me to doubt that
this is generally true, but while I have the know-how to study it
carefully, I do not have the time.