Re: strange EDT keypad behavior

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: strange EDT keypad behavior
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 00:36:49 -0400

    on 20.7, in EDT emulation:
      ESC 2 0 KP0 causes the cursor to drop 20 lines, as expected.

    on 21.2, in EDT emulation:
      ESC 2 0 KP0 results in a minibuffer display "ESC 2 0 kp-0-" and
    emacs does nothing, apparently waiting for more keystrokes.

It seems clear that Emacs thinks it is processing a prefix character.
Can you take a look at the keymaps that are being used
and try to see why?

What happens if you type just KP0?  Does that also wait for
more input?

I don't know how to use EDT emulation; I cannot construct
a way to test this myself.  Can you send a precise self-contained
test case, and explain what the commands do?
Please read the Bugs section in the Emacs manual, which provides
guidelines on how to write a bug report to give us the
necessary information so we can fix the bug.