Re: New GNOME 2 icons

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New GNOME 2 icons
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 00:38:54 -0400

    Perhaps we should make it easier for the end user to replace the set
    of tool-bar icons, currently it appears to need the icons to be
    copied to a specific location and Emacs restarted.

The tool-bar code finds the icons by calling find-image, which
searches load-path and data-directory.  If the tool-bar has not yet
been set up, it ought to be sufficient to put a different dir into
load-path.  Once it is set up, one would need to change the file names
in the :image data structures in the bindings in tool-bar-map.

Perhaps we should have some more specific way of finding tool-bar
image files rather than using find-image.  It could be pretty simple.
It should still look under the `lisp' directory.

Is anyone interested in implementing this selection mechanism?