how to find old diary entries?

From: Ami Fischman
Subject: how to find old diary entries?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:08:22 -0700

Something I've been wondering about for the last couple of weeks: what do
diary-power-users do to keep old .diary entries from piling up?  Ideally
I'd like a "buttoned" fancy-diary-display of all diary entries that can't
match any future date (i.e. either they are plain entries in the past or a
sexp that won't match the future at all).  Any ideas how to find these
entries without having to re-parse the diary files with an eye towards
past/future decisions?

A "brute force" method would be fine, too, if someone else has already done
the work :)  If no one has a good (or already-coded) way to do this, is
anyone interested in this as a feature of diary-lib.el?

(the reason this comes up is that I split up my .diary file into various
included files broken down by categories, and scouring them all for old
entries is a hassle).

Cheers,
--
  Ami Fischman