Re: `set-fontset-font' and ascii characters

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: `set-fontset-font' and ascii characters
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 22:01:14 +0200

Oliver Scholz <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
> Now, if an ASCII font was changed, Fset_fontset_font checks all frames
> whether FONTSET is their frame fontset and forces a resizing of all
> frames that have. This is done by the new function
> x_new_fontset_force, which is like x_new_fontset, except that it does
> its works even if new fontset = old fontset. (This is done by
> factoring out a new function x_set_fontset_internal out of x_set_fontset.)
[...]

Uh, sorry, I was confused. Upon further reading I realize now that it
is wrong to include xterm.h. Somehow I thought that xterm.c contains
only generic functions.

Currently fontset.c applies the function x_set_font by means of the
variable set_frame_fontset_func, which is set in xfns.c, macfns.c and
w32fns.c to x_set_font. So, would it be a proper way to use
x_new_font_set_force by doing something similar with a new variable,
say force_frame_fontset_func?

    Oliver
--
12 Floréal an 211 de la Révolution