Re: New function `emacs-version>='

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: New function `emacs-version>='
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 01:08:46 +0900

    Juanma> Yeah, well, that's perhaps the reason I wrote "you can
    Juanma> *often* do..." :-)

    Juanma> But, honestly, how many cases like this one have you
    Juanma> found?

Isn't one enough?  :-)

The XEmacs Review practice wrt to emacs-version>= is to query the
patch author if a feature test couldn't be used instead.  About half
the time in my experience the author makes a reasonable case (eg, if a
package depends on multiple features that all came available with a
certain version).

I like Stefan's idea though; I think I'm going to implement it.  It
should sufficiently annoy people that they'll book up on Ben's new
suite of warning control APIs, too.  :-)