Re: extended @uref command? (was: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 6, Issue 5)

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: extended @uref command? (was: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 6, Issue 5)
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 20:23:06 -0400

    and often leeds to `underfull \hbox'es.

True enough.  As Eli says, I hope to make url's breakable in TeX at some
point.  Unfortunately the url.sty and hyperref packages aren't usable as
is, because Texinfo has to parse the arguments differently.

    address@hidden@uref{\url\} (\text\)address@hidden

I appreciate that this can help with the line breaking.  But in my
opinion, having lots of footnotes with url's is distracting to the
reader (having just reviewed several papers written in that style), so I
don't especially want to add this to the base Texinfo.

Thanks,
karl