Re: 4 minor suggestions for files.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 4 minor suggestions for files.el
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 07:50:40 -0400

    > Could it be made so?  Would that require a change
    > somewhat like the one Stefan proposed?

    Yes, indeed.
    My suggested change indeed allows the change to be undone.
    The reason is the following: vc-merge works on the file rather than
    on the buffer, so after the merge happens, VC does a revert-buffer
    (unless the buffer was modified), so my suggested change allows
    you to undo it because it can undo the revert-buffer.

Perhaps we should make your change, but do it as an option,
not unconditionally.  Then we could make vc-merge specify that option.