Re: address@hidden: Info-index: ahhahah sucker, No Index]

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Info-index: ahhahah sucker, No Index]
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 11:56:01 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   I think this is a real bug; if the i command can't find an index, it
   should signal an error before reading an argument.

   Would someone like to fix it?

Were you able to reproduce any instance of this bug in the current
CVS?  I was able to reproduce the bug in emacs-21.2.90 (which is the
latest version of Emacs I have installed other than the current CVS)
but not in the latest CVS itself.  In yesterday's CVS hitting i in
info when there is no index immediately prints:
No index
in the echo area, without any previous prompting.
Thus, it would seem like this bug is already fixed in the current CVS.

Sincerely,

Luc.