Re: [Annoyance] resizing of echo area is too eager

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [Annoyance] resizing of echo area is too eager
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 20:37:06 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, "Wedler, Christoph" <address@hidden> writes:

> No, with Emacs-21.2.95, changing quail.el doesn't change the behaviour
> (echo area has 2 lines only if korean characters are displayed there,
> after the character has been inserted, the echo area is back to 1 line).

Ah, sure, sorry.  My change just suppressed the resizing
while you are typing Korean letters.  Previously, each time
you type a key, the echo area was resized.

It seems that there's no way other than setting
resize-mini-windows to nil to completely suppressing the
resizing.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden