Re: Various simple.el patches

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Various simple.el patches
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:48:39 -0400

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 03:58:10PM +0200, Kai Gro?johann wrote:
> > Actually I think the ^K hack is quite disgusting...
>
> Do you dislike the function or its implementation?

The function.

The idea that `oh, in _this_ situation, it works _backwards_,' not because it
actually makes much sense, but (apparently) simply because that particular
case is otherwise a no-op seems like a quick trip to a totally confusing user
interface.  If the conventional two-key idiom is really so inconvenient, why
not bind another key to it (personally I have C-u do that in the minibuffer,
but I can see why most people wouldn't like this)?

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'