Re: subdirs.el installation in site-lisp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: subdirs.el installation in site-lisp
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:42:04 -0400

    I think the subdirs.el installed in site-lisp should do nothing if
    `site-run-file' is nil.

I don't think I agree.  This file will just make various subdirs
available for Emacs to search for files to load.

If Emacs does not lod this subdirs.el file, it will still see
the files directly in site-lisp, but it won't see the files
in its subdirs.  That seems rather inconsistent and not useful.