Re: "nmake info" Windows patch

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: "nmake info" Windows patch
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:10:31 +0200

On Tue, 20 May 2003 11:08:07 +0200
"Peter 'Luna' Runestig" <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> This works fine with cmd.exe.
> >
> > I think the idea is that we should be able to build with W9X/Me's
> > COMMAND.COM too...

> Am I correct in understanding that this patch was turned down because it
> didn't work on Windows 9x/ME, or was it that it was only tested with
> CygWin tools?

I'll take a look to my e-mail records ASAP, but speaking from memory, I
seem to remember the issue was in fact a problem with COMMAND.COM.
Emacs, I was told, should be compilable and, if posible, bootstrappable
from a W9X/Me system (even if the number of Windows users who're going
to compile, not to mention bootstrap, Emacs on W9X/Me is vanishingly
small).

In any case, if I did test it, most probably it was *not* with Cygwin
tools. But I no longer have a W9X/Me platform at hand to test Emacs, so
I cannot offer any help.

Anyway, Jason is right: IIRC, the patch was not actively turned down,
time just ran off.

                                                                Juanma