Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?
Date: 21 May 2003 11:03:18 +0900

> I don't think that add-log.el, diff*, ediff* and smerge-mode fall
> under the category of "version control" as we normally use the term.
> Maybe we can find a somewhat more general word that does cover them.
> "multiversions" perhaps?  That would also include compare-w.el.

How about `scm,' for `source code management'?  I thought that was a
more general term often used to talk about version control and the like.

[I guess it's a misnomer, strictly speaking, since you can obviously
use CVS etc for more than just source code, but not a serious one.]

-Miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.