Re: [G ran Uddeborg] Pattern for spell-checking in po-files.

From: Kenny Stevens
Subject: Re: [G ran Uddeborg] Pattern for spell-checking in po-files.
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 14:08:09 -0700

Ken Stevens writes:

> I'd like to ask for ispell support for .po files.  .po files are
> translation files as used by the gettext tools collection.  Basically
> they contain the english message (msgid) and translation (msgstr)
> provided by the translator, plus comments (# ):

Certainly.  Some questions:

Do we _always_ want to only check the msgstr values, or does it make
sense to check the English text as well?

I would prefer to have this automatic based on major or minor mode.  I
didn't locate any po-mode library...  can you send that to me to help
testing?

In my short evaluation, the following regexp seems to be an
improvement:

("^msgid" . "^msgstr")

replaced by:

regards             -Ken