Re: S-backspace

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: S-backspace
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:47:25 -0500 (CDT)

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

   Such are the joys of unknown kbd mappings.  I still fondly remember
   the day when I, used to Sun keyboards which have separate Meta and
   Alt keys, came to a PC running Unixware and olvwm.  I typed a news
   posting and then I hit M-q.  Emacs disappeared.  So I typed the news
   posting again and then hit C-h k M-q to figure out why did Emacs
   disappear.  Emacs disappeared.

Yes, but conflicts with window managers are difficult to avoid.  I
believe that a good window manager should make rebinding keys
convenient.  I rebound many of the standard sawfish bindings from Meta
to Super to avoid conflicts with Emacs.  I know how to disable the X
command C-M-backspace (which I do not want to do), but somehow, I do
not know how to rebind it (to something much more difficult to hit by
accident).

Sincerely,

Luc.