Re: invisible text and point

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: invisible text and point
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 18:41:45 -0400

    C-u C-x = shows that in Emacs-21.3 we are where we think we are, on
    the *, but in 21.3.50, we are on an invisible -.

I think the problem is that point is before the invisible text
rather than on the first visible character where it ought to be.

    Move that window upward with mouse-1.  No problem until we hit that
    same spot with the invisible text.  There Emacs goes in an infinite
    loop, apparently in the C code.  C-g is no help.

Someone needs to debug it.  etc/DEBUG gives advice on how to debug
a case of looping usefully.