address@hidden: Re: use_xim]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: Re: use_xim]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 19:58:54 -0400

Do people think it makes sense for this flag to be per-display?
If so, can someone do it?

To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: use_xim
From: Dave Love <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:05:34 +0100
You wrote:

> The use_xim feature is a good idea, but I see that you implemented it
> as a global switch, and only as an X resource.  Can it be done
> per-display?

I'd guess so, but I don't know enough about X, and XIM in particular.
I basically just converted compile-time conditionals to runtime, so
that people didn't need advice to recompile Emacs.

I think it needs to be done in a resource to be turned off early
enough, but I don't know for sure.  I doubt there's a lot of use for
multiple displays, but anyone with a need can hack on it now.  (I
advertised that I'd done it in the unicode branch some time ago and
asked emacs-devel if someone would look at it and adapt it, but there
was no interest.)