write access

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: write access
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:05:05 -0500 (CDT)

I am trying to check in some changes to kill-whole-line.

I registered an SSH Shared key.

I managed to do:

cvs -z3 -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co .

without problems, but while trying to commit I got:

cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository

I waited an hour because I believe that was necessary to make sure the
cron job had ran.

I put:

export CVS_RSH=ssh

in my .bashrc.

Eli gave me write permission.

Is there something else I am overlooking?

I tried putting my password in /home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/CVSROOT/passwd

How do I get recognized when I do C-x v v from emacs?  My public key I
guess?

Sincerely,

Luc.