Re: Complex paragraph filling - how?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Complex paragraph filling - how?
Date: 30 May 2003 03:01:47 +0200

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

>    In connection with the refilling of paragraphs in info due to the new
>    "node hiding", I need some way to fill things like the following in a
>    sensible manner:
>
> Please post your Texinfo source code.  It does us no good to see a
> surface expression.  Also, how well does the source format for DVI and
> HTML?  (And shouldn't this question really go to the texinfo-bug list?
> That is where refilling issues like this are usually discussed.)

I probably expressed myself wrong...

I'm trying to solve a specific problem with Info-fontify-node in
info.el, so I'm talking about re-filling the output from makeinfo
after the links have been mangled...

So I don't see why this is an issue for the Texinfo team!

In any case, I think I have found a working solution by using
the following settings:

        (let ((fill-nobreak-invisible t)
              (fill-individual-varying-indent nil)
              (paragraph-start "\f\\|[ \t]*[-*]\\|[ \t]*$")
              (paragraph-separate "[ \t]*[-*]\\|[ \t\f]*$")
              (adaptive-fill-mode nil))

and then use fill-individual-paragraphs to do the filling.

Seems to DWIM, but I need to test it some more.