Re: Will default key bindings spell the death of Emacs?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Will default key bindings spell the death of Emacs?
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 07:20:35 +0200

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

>> I do not argue that we should implement MS Windows-like keybindings. I just
>> argue that it should be easyer to change key bindings.
>
> What exactly are you suggesting to make it easier ?

Remapping the whole keyboard doesn't make sense, but some interface
that reads a key sequence and a function name, and perhaps a map
name, and then does the right thing would be good.

You can get close by hitting the key sequence and then C-h l and
copying and pasting, but I think that's not enough.

--
This line is not blank.