Re: S-backspace

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: S-backspace
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:53:47 -0400

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 07:39:15PM -0500, Luc Teirlinck wrote:
> Actually, the command might be reasonably often used, but mainly while
> editing Lisp programs, that is, by people who should know how to bind
> it to any key of their choice.

I edit a lot of lisp programs, and I find I just use `C-M-b C-M-k' -- it's
actually easier to type, since you can just hold down the C-M- keys, and
doesn't involve any `stretch' keys like DEL.

You can actually move around easily while still holding the C-M- keys (e.g.,
hold down C-M- and then hit `u u b') before hitting `k', and I don't find
that deleting the _previous_ sexp is common enough to really warrant a
dedicated bit of space in my brain...

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?